FaceRig Studio is professional software that allows you to digitally incorporate characters into synthetic images using various motion tracking sensors. The result can be streamed in real time, saved as a movie or exported as an .fbx animation. It is intended to be an open creation platform so that anyone can create their own characters, backgrounds or props and import them into FaceRig Studio.
- Real-time head movement and facial expression capture of an incoming video stream (also with audio analysis).
- Combination of tracked data with additional optional sensors (Leap Motion, Intel Realsense) and virtual puppet input for hand movement.
- On-the-fly animation retargeting for tracked data and application of the animation to a user-selected 3D model, with audio processing (voice modification)
- Render and lighting of the animated model in real time, in a background selected by the user.
- Encoding of the restored video and subsequent sending out of a virtual webcam
- Fbx animation export
- Interface for adjusting the parameters of all the above operations.
- Over 50 original avatars that you can use in a business context. For a full list of available avatars, please see: facerig.com/studio-available-avatars/
- Open Design Platform: You can create your own templates or backgrounds (outside of FaceRig Studio), import them, and use them as your avatars. Models should be created based on a set of published specifications.
The Studio manual can be found here You can find the best practices guide for motion capture with FaceRig Studio by clicking hereand some sample data to test the fbx export by clicking here. Note that these licenses are not floating but can be migrated manually if necessary. Internet connection is required for license activation.
Operating system: Windows® 7 or later
CPU: Intel® Core ™ i5-4570 3.20GHz or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX560 or equivalent
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 4 GB of available space
Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Additional Notes: For image-based tracking, you must have a webcam. For sound-based tracking, you must have a microphone. The above configuration applies for fixed and not mobile devices (netbooks, ultrabooks, laptops, tablets), the mobile versions of processors and graphics cards are not always equivalent to those of a fixed one. If you have a mobile PC, make sure the charger is plugged in, you’re using the best graphics adapter, and you’re in high performance mode.